Christmas at True Grain
It’s been an amazing year! This year True Grain celebrated 15 years and a million handcrafted loaves. We’re excited to share our new seasonal menu with you and let you know that for the first time ever, all our Shortbread and Stollen are available to order online. Order early so we can get your favourites to you in time for Christmas. Thank you for supporting craft baking and organic BC farming.
New for 2019:
- Stollen – Watch for new sizes of our classic Stollen this year.
- Shortbread family expansion: We’re adding two new flavours – Rosemary Apricot and Red Fife Festive Spice. They’ll join our Classic Shortbread, Chocolate, Cranberry, Butter Pecan and Spelt.
Upcoming Bakery Events
Gingerbread Decorating for Children
- In Cowichan Bay: Wednesday afternoons, Dec 4, 11 & 18.
- In Courtenay: Saturdays Dec. 7, 14 & 21, from 1pm to 3pm.
- In Summerland: Wednesdays, December 4, 11 & 18. Two sign-up times available from 2-3 pm and 3-4 pm (Please note: 3-4pm spaces are now full).
These events are Free however there are limited spaces available and signup is required. Hosting Gingerbread decorating party? Ask our staff about bulk orders of un-iced Gingerbread.
Gingerbread Decorating for grownups
We know adults don’t want to be left out. Save the dates if you’re in Courtenay or Summerland.
- Courtenay: Thursday, Dec. 5, 6:30pm-8:30pm. Get creative while sampling True Grain holiday favourites.
- Summerland: Saturday, Dec. 14 as part of the annual Downtown Sip ‘n Shop
Friday, November 29 – 32nd Annual Summerland Lightup!
Festival Hours: 4pm-9pm (Lightup and Fireworks at 7pm!)
Bakery Hours: Noon-late
- Specials: Extra large pretzels, Lebkuchen Gingerbread Cookies, Organic Hot Chocolate!
Saturday, Dec 14 – Downtown Summerland Sip n’ Shop
Bakery Hours: 8am-8pm
- Specials: Pretzel and Beer pairing with Detonate Brewing
- Samples galore: Try our Christmas selection of Shortbread, Stollen, and Gingerbread, as well as True Grain Sourdough bread with organic herb butter.
- Interactive: Gingerbread Decorating for Grownups! Also, fill out a wish for the coming year and hang it on the Wishing Tree.
We hope to see you soon, and we wishing you all the joy and warmth of the festive season.